Subject: Re: relevant s.w. for theatre light design?
From: [email-masked] (Scott Bragg)
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 1994 07:05:00 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.graphics.packages.lightwave

N A. Thompson ([email-masked]) wrote:

: hey-this sounds interesting, but I'm not familiar with the software-is 
: this something that might be relevant to theatrical lighting designers 
: (always anxious to profit from others' technology)-what are the specifics 
: of what Lightwave does and what exactly do the celluloid industries do 
: with it?

: thanks,
: Nicholas Rains
I don't konw if this applys to you, but I have on two occasions now 
created several static and one animatted piece that was used by my 
brother in lplace of blocking diagrams for stage plays he has written.. I 
included the different types and colors of lights as well as props, 
actors, ect... really helped him get the stage set up properly... also 
allowed him to see exactly what the audience saw from different 
perspectives and vantage points at key scenes in the play... 

I'll u/l some of the scenes if he gives me the go ahead (he holds the 
copyrights on the images..)

Scott

-- 
Scott Bragg			Electron Dreams
[email-masked]		an animation house

specialties:  3D Animation and Simulation